1. I located the following in my kitchen, without having to give any of it a thought: box of pancake mix, egg, milk, sunflower oil, maple syrup, griddle, plug for griddle, butter, knife. My favorite mug. A yellow plate.
2. I slept till the blessed hour of 10 a.m.
3. The comfortable bed in my study.
4. Quiet morning.
5. Buying groceries for the week.
6. The sounds of my son's friends downstairs.
7. Going to my daughter's for 'hodge podge bbq,' her words, and eating outside while the children played and ran around, as if it were spring or something.
8. Bruiser, ever faithful, ever waggy, ever at the door when I'm carrying the groceries in from the car.
9. My bed, ever faithful, ever cozy, ever the best night sleep guarantor. Well, usually.
10. The whole street has burst into bloom.
(the item that is without number): Seeing the historian at the airport, and when I woke up. Taking a walk in the morning and evening with him and Bruiser. Listening to him at his desk in the next room. Watching television together.
Tomorrow: work. But today: home.
Best reason to leave town.ReplyDelete