- Eat more soup* in the wintertime. It's good for you.
- If your dog occasionally dismantles the upholstery of your grandmother's old chair with his teeth, don't sweat it, because hey!--you have a dog.
- It's really okay if you spend a significant part of your evenings horizontal in front of the television.
- When the Jazz have their all-wannabe lineup in, just chill. You might as well.
- It's completely fine to take all the credit--in your mind--when your students do something really cool.
- Try to figure out a way to get more all-out singing in your life, even if it's karaoke.
*If you roasted tomatoes and froze them like I told you to this summer, the following is as close as it gets to instant food, but oh so much more delicious: Take frozen roasted tomatoes, put them in a pan with an equal amount of broth (vegan or vegetarian bouillon cubes are completely fine). Bring the whole deal to a boil. Put it in your blender and add a little milk. When everything's cooled down enough to blend without a blender explosion, by all means blend. You can do it briefly so there'll be a little texture, or at greater length if smoother is the way you like your soup. Okay, so when you've done that, then put it all back in the pan, bring gently to a simmer, then add some crumbled gorgonzola cheese. Let this melt briefly. Eat the soup with toast and you will be a better person for it.