I have been
- playing with grandchildren.
- putting together a Star Wars Lego ship with C3PO and R2D2, as well as a couple of menacing stormtroopers.
- building a house for Buzz Lightyear.
- helping with packing, mainly by playing Zombie Grandma with the children in the backyard.
- eating the leftovers from a family (farewell) party.
- watching the weather in Phoenix/Tempe. (pro tip: it will be very hot.)
- watching endless episodes of The Killing.
- making gestures at other work--writing a very squishy outline for a chapter, for instance, or going to a meeting and nodding my head at the work I know I need to be doing, and will be doing, at least I think so.
All of this will wait, though, until I have driven to Phoenix in a UHaul with my sons, eaten road snacks and listened to road music, and helped to see them start in their new place.
[here, please insert the apt and fitting words I am not composing, even though I have tried, about all of this, about them going.]
This is the order of things, and this is where, pardon my preposition, my head is at.