It's been a busy day in which I barely strayed from my chair, as I was
1. responding to portfolios
2. responding to e-mails
3. curtailing Bruiser's conversation with the little boy who lives next door (little boy: Hi! Bruiser: Rowf! Rowf rowf rowf!)
4. making and eating lunch
5. making a grilled sandwich for running son who is currently between jobs and also sick
6. making dinner
After dinner, there was
7. a jazz concert, Tierney Sutton, who defied my default assumption about girl jazz singers, which is that they will annoy me with their girly cute talk, diva-esque attitude, and/or sexpot crap. But no. She was funny, only talked a little too much between songs, and finished the second set with a rousing and hilarious cover of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead." So that was good.
8. the Utah Jazz game, which they won.
9. the thought of getting up very, very early in the morning to finish the remains of the portfolios. So that means
10. it's time to hit the hay, earlier than midnight for once.