- can't follow a logical train of thought for more than two, or possibly two-and-a-half, steps.
- shoulder hurts.
- the sun is extra dazzling, possibly blinding.
- too tired to go to a movie with college daughter, even though she's leaving.
- can do the New York Times crossword puzzle (to be fair, it's the Monday one).
- can't cook.
- the Jazz won (I'm pretty sure that the lack of sleep and the win are connected).
- the way the teams in the Western Conference are packed in like clowns in a clown car seems like a terrible, terrible injustice.
- there are things I know I have to do for tomorrow, but I can't figure out what they are.
- slightly irritable.
- will totally be in bed by eleven, asleep by eleven fifteen.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Here's what four hours of sleep'll get ya.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Well I don't know if it has anything to do with your sleep deprivation, but the Jazz were contradictory again: bad away/good at home.ReplyDelete
Your assessment of the Western Conference is further evidence why the NBA needs to get rid of its playoff structure as is (which favors geographical location over excellence) and go to a tournament-style system. The WC would dominate this year, of course.
I only slept 4 hours last night! What the hell? I've never been so exhausted. And today was my long, long day. I got home at 9:30. Aahhhg.ReplyDelete
May we both sleep well tonight.
At least you are realistic about sleep deprivation.ReplyDelete
Theorris--hell ya!! I've been thinking this for a long time about the NBA playoffs. Why not???? One reason, of course, is that the stupid things are too long, too many games, so they'd be flying clear across the country.
I'd rather a three game series throughout with ceded teams. I will never happen because of lost revenue, right? I mean it's always about the money.
i forgive you for being too tired...frankly i'm too tired to do half the things i do but i MUST! love you mama!ReplyDelete
They don't use sleep deprivation as a form of torture for nothing.ReplyDelete
After extensive self observation I have developed a personal (purely scientific) sleep/grumpiness ratio...
7 hours - will remain largely civil
6 hours - probably gonna have the occasional snap
5 hours - just bring the coffee, do not approach for conversation.
4 hours - Do not approach. Period.