- in the stores, they start making with the orange and black before summer is EVEN OVER.
- candy corn: waste of sugar.
- orange is one of my favorite colors, but if you wear it with black, you're always signaling Hallowe'en, even if you don't want to. Hallowe'en has imposed a color hegemony! Throw off your chains!
- I HATE costumes.
- I HATE horror, fake, satiric, or otherwise.
- stupid fake spiderwebbery, dummies with knives stuck in 'em, skeletons of all reports, gravestones, ghostsheetery . . . the Hallowe'en decoration schema, gah.
- just another excuse for shenanigans.
- waste of perfectly good pumpkins.
- I have a stick up my rear end? --don't think I haven't considered the possibility.
- the kids want you to help them be things like Poison Ivy or a Darth Maul (or however you spell it). When I was a kid, you could be these things: Hobo, Gypsy, Little Girl (if you were a bigger girl), Witch. Also Ghost, if there happened to be a spare sheet.
- What if there's a Jazz game on television during the trick or treating?
- I HATE dressing up. Did I already mention this?
- Frankly, I'm not crazy about other people dressing up--adults, that is. Boo, humbug.
And speaking of that, where are the candy cigarettes of yesteryear?
I agree with you about the candy corns (those headache inducing bits of death)and the Bit-O-Honey, a fave.ReplyDelete
Also, I was never good at dressing up, but I do like the cute kids. I was usually something that I already had, like a farmer (overalls) or a sexy witch (black dress). Once I was the 80s version of myself, which was kind of fun.
I love it, it's tacky and I love it. I won't apologise for the fact that my kitchen looks like a shrine to purple nylon spiders webs and glow in the dark skeletons. There is a tacky pink pumpkin in the front window and stretchy bugs stuck all over the telly...ReplyDelete
I just saw Candy cigarettes at the Albuquerque airport gift shop of all places. Weird.ReplyDelete
I like taking Son out. Dressing up + Free candy = Good times.
Okay. I understand now. Thanks for this. And I will buy candy cigarettes for you by the carton next time I see them.ReplyDelete
Why is it my favorite "holiday"? I don't even get a day off? I think it's that in a costume, everyone feels comfortable to talk to anyone.ReplyDelete
And now my friends can understand why Halloween is not a big deal to me.ReplyDelete