- No more white shoes, dresses or trousers after tomorrow (I know, no one cares about this but me, and actually, I don't even care about it, but just this morning, I read an article about it, and in the information-sharing spirit of this blog, I am passing this time-honored style principle to you. You're very, very welcome.). Also, possibly, no more white gloves, but no one but maybe Brooke Astor ever cared about that in about fifty years.
- It's still tomato season for a few more weeks.
- There are still peaches.
- Awesome walking and bike-riding weather for several weeks.
- Less swamp cooler usage.
- Also, time to send out your manuscripts again! If you have manuscripts, send them out--it's time!
- Sleep with more covers on, which for some reason, I always find terribly comforting.
- Pumpkin pie is in your future.
- More baking in general.
- Every season that passes is an index for how much closer I am--you, too!--to old age, decrepitude, and death.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
I know it and you know it: that rain spattering and the wind hollering is the end of summer a-calling. So add these items to your list of stuff to contemplate: