- walking through patches of shade--a palpable cool breath
- ditto, and double, for when the shady patches have damp grass in them
- hearing the birds chatter in the backyard while I read the paper
- wearing loose dresses all summer long
- eating the freshest most lovely food
In other news, I've been living in the world of my French detective novel. It's so good that I find myself slowing down to make it last longer. There are wolves in it. Plus the title--Seeking Whom He May Devour--how much better can it get?