Twelve. Thousand. Calories. A day.
What does 12,000 calories look like? Here's how it breaks down:
- for breakfast, a large bowl of porridge;
- three doorstep-sized sandwiches of white bread, butter, fried egg, fried onion, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise;
- a five-egg omelette tastefully garnished with parsley;
- three slices of French toast liberally sprinkled with sugar;
- three pancakes topped with chocolate chips;
- two large cups of coffee;
- for lunch, 1lb (that's a very large bowl) of pasta with tomato sauce;
- two large ham-and-cheese sandwiches with more lettuce, tomato and don't forget the mayo;
- four bottles of a proprietary high-energy sports drink;
- for dinner, another pound of pasta;
- a large cheese-and-tomato pizza;
- another four bottles of the same proprietary high-energy sports drink.
(got this link via dooce.)