2. New manuscript coming along nicely.
1. The Band's Visit.
2. Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
3. The Edge of Heaven.
4. Encounters at the End of the World.
6. Mad Men.
7. The Fall.
8. Who are we kidding here? Too many to name.
1. This American Life.
2. Regina Spektor
3. Gillian Welch.
4. The Fleet Foxes.
1. No more horrible panelling downstairs; new retrotastic blue couch.
2. Outside room in my backyard.
1. My oldest friend--her style, her spirit, her insouciance.
2. All my friends, who press forward regardless, quirky, geniuses at being their extremely valuable selves.
3. My mom and dad. Just because they are.
4. My sisters and brother. Better and better every year.
5. My beautiful, excellent, brilliant, compassionate, hilarious, wonderful children, for being everything they are, every little thing.
6. The historian. There are no words.