Given that I still have the following to do:
1. write a draft of the mission statement for the English Dept. Steering Committee, formerly the Five-Year Plan Committee.
2. write a draft of a new and improved mission for the College Curriculum Committee for discussion next week.
3. Finish the 2010 Assessment report.
4. Finish comments for a host of students who finished their preliminary portfolios late late late!
5. Catch up in my online class
(note: anyone who notices that these items are the same ones I have mentioned previously should just keep that thought to him/herself. I already know.)
I think, nonetheless, that it would be good to start a new book. Any suggestions? (note: the book cannot be To the Lighthouse, because I am still not in a Virginia Woolf "mood," a state which has held for decades. Also not reading Moby Dick. Not right now.)
[Today's poem is here.]