And this is the actual haul:
And here is the first step in the dance we'll call "The Christmas Baking Rhumba":
The baking/candymaking plan (this is the plan of an optimist/overachieving baker who is high on finishing her grading):
- brittle: pecan, almond, and pumpkin seed
- date pinwheels
- sugar cookies
- probably those little treasure cookies with a cherry or a gumdrop inside, because I heart them
- almond bread
- butterscotch crescent rolls (the dough starts with cooked butterscotch pudding and gets richer from there)
- two new things: cardamom-and-cinnamon infused honey, and boiled cider syrup, which sound exotic and time-consuming and perfect.
- probably some other European-style baked goods from a Martha Stewart Living magazine that is sitting around, waiting to be baked from.