And this is the actual haul:
And here is the first step in the dance we'll call "The Christmas Baking Rhumba":
The baking/candymaking plan (this is the plan of an optimist/overachieving baker who is high on finishing her grading):
- brittle: pecan, almond, and pumpkin seed
- date pinwheels
- sugar cookies
- probably those little treasure cookies with a cherry or a gumdrop inside, because I heart them
- almond bread
- butterscotch crescent rolls (the dough starts with cooked butterscotch pudding and gets richer from there)
- two new things: cardamom-and-cinnamon infused honey, and boiled cider syrup, which sound exotic and time-consuming and perfect.
- probably some other European-style baked goods from a Martha Stewart Living magazine that is sitting around, waiting to be baked from.
Bake on, HTMS. Bake on.ReplyDelete
Can you come to Sacramento? Would love to imbibe this energy!! Or would love to bag the goodies.ReplyDelete
I wish I could be your baking helper! I am super impressed about the caramel making!ReplyDelete
WOW! I heart those cookies too.ReplyDelete