In related matters: I made a bunch of candy over the last couple of days:
Listen. I don't know if people even like brittle anymore. I, however, will say this about it:
- way easier than you'd think.
- fast--if you've got your ingredients organized, it's like 15 minutes tops per batch.
- makes you feel like a genius despite 1 & 2 above.
4. it looks super cute in a box when you give it to your neighbors. AND
5. it must be said: when you make it yourself, it tastes dang fresh and damn good.
(The link above is what got me started. It is the most stripped down, essential version. Here's one that gives you a little foam in the candy at the last minute, which is different and also good.)