1. finishing my teaching portfolio
2. a potentially not-safe drive up to Idaho tomorrow
3. I appear to be relapsing, or else getting a new and improved burst of MiracleWinterCold (the sequel)
4. I still haven't made a podcast
5. Other blah blah blah
6. turning my inchoate mess of thoughts into an actual tribute to my grandmother tomorrow
7. it's snowing
8. there's plenty of work to do in the online classroom
9. more blah blah blah, like laundry and what will we have for dinner, will we get the kitchen, at least, cleaned up before we leave at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow, etc.
10. etc. Etc. etc. etc.
I know that no matter what you say it will be beautiful and heartfelt.ReplyDelete
I hope your drive is safe and not too long.
It's hard to sum up someone's life though I'm sure you did it justice and then some. I thought what you wrote a few days ago here was beautiful--it brought back memories of my grandmothers.ReplyDelete
In thinking about them I realized I spoke at the funerals of my great-grandmother, grandmother, and read a letter I'd written at my grandfather's. I'm not so sure how much my tributes worked for others but I'm sure glad I had the chance to review their lives and my relationship with them. It helped me work through the grief.