- figured out a way to live someplace in France,
- become fluent in French because I would have been living there,
- bought vegetables at a market every other day,
- had the life-transforming experience of living abroad for a whole year,
- received visitors as they came to see me living in France,
- written poetry as gorgeous and ornate as that of the Provencal troubadours.
But I did not win the Amy Lowell Travelling Scholarship. Alas. So instead I will
- live in West Jordan,
- continue to speak English (albeit fluently) and perhaps listen to some French music,
- buy vegetables at the farmer's market and from Chad,
- have the life-transforming experience of writing and making small films every day,
- receive visitors as they venture into the wilds of West Jordan,
- write poetry as gorgeous and plainspoken as that of the . . . what? cowboy poets?
It was a beautiful dream while it lasted.