- sleep a blissful little bit longer than usual
- have a bagel for breakfast with the historian
- work on my manuscript
- take B for a walk during a break in the snow--well, mostly a break
- go to the bank
- contemplate the spring and also the summer
- text various children
- go to bank
- slide a movie into late afternoon/evening plans (Adventureland--lovely, and excellent soundtrack)
- go to evening work event (very clever, to go to late afternoon movie! made the evening work event bearable and even enjoyable)
- write poem 3 of the Poem a Day project.
However, I did not
- say no to a large work-related commitment for next year
- make a lovely homemade breakfast
- completely get over my hot eyes syndrome
- complete textbook review
- write a textbook proposal
- do a crossword puzzle
- take a nap
- have very many conversations with Bruiser.
And thus, on balance, aside from hot eyes syndrome, this was a good day, spring snow and all.
Just say no to big work related projects and textbook reviews. If you can't say no to these when you are on sabbatical, God help you when you come back ;)ReplyDelete
I heard about the large, work related commitment you made. If you need help with the ass kicking, you know where to find me.ReplyDelete
I also have a text book review to write. Why do I agree to such things? Aargh.
What is this hot eye thing?ReplyDelete