|that's the blue I'm talking about.|
|a dramatic reenactment of the excellent fries|
we had tonight.
|like this, but with chocolate creme anglaise. and popcorn.|
lovely dinner, we shared a dessert that was both adorable and delicious. It was another fried thing, a doughnut, beignet style, dipped in cinnamon sugar and served with chocolate creme anglaise. Also, caramel popcorn, don't ask my why, except that it was tasty and charming and we ate every last bit of it. What were they thinking when they thought of it? why chocolate creme anglaise and caramel popcorn? I don't know, but after having eaten it, I say why not?
4. Working on a tiny book project. My previous book project has emboldened me to think I can probably do anything. So I would like to announce that today at the Publication Center's Makerpalooza, which I hope will become an annual event, I began my project, which will entail the following:
|just google it, and see some examples of the splendor|
of this book form. seriously. just do it!
- a piece of writing that I have recently taken out of my manuscript but which I think still has potential,
- laid out in InDesign and
- turned into a photopolymer plate, so that
- it can be printed on the etching press, to create
- a letter press effect, and which will be
- folded by hand using the Turkish Map Fold, which is
- actually a real thing, and
- bound in a do-si-do binding (thank you for the idea, Charlotte!), which will be
- covered with another letter press title page, and titled Variations on a Book.
If I can pull all of this off, grand and splendid possibilities will await us in the Publication Center. Foolhardy optimism, it turns out, is another thing I highly recommend.