However: halfway also means
- grading all the revisions, even the ones that haven't yet been drafted
- reading and ranking all the job applications
- planning 80% of the five year program review
- going to an as yet undefined number of curriculum committee meetings
- writing two conference presentations
- finishing several tenure reviews
and so on.
Between now and the end, I will do all of the above--all of it, there's no way round but through--and I will also
- go to Tampa
- go to Minneapolis (and the Walker Art Center, yo!)
- keep teaching my wonderful, unpredictable students, and in the process
- read more poetry, theirs and others'
- watch more light materialize every single day
- see tulips and daffodils bloom in my yard
- watch the rose bushes come into leaf
- catch the lilacs blooming
and maybe I will
- read a few books, God willing,
- write a few poems,
I was feeling overwhelmed when I started all this bulleting and right now I feel quite a bit better. That's because I'm just about to
- go to bed. Which I hope I'll do
- a lot of in the next seven or eight weeks.