Here are some things I still need to do:
- reorganize all my books.
- probably buy new bookshelves for downstairs.
- take stuff down from the closet in my study and get rid of it.
- perhaps follow running son's advice, in response to my own dithering that maybe I would have to make an arbitrary decision, like getting rid of everything that's brown: "
- actually sort through my clothes instead of just putting them away. Although putting things away is a good start.
- accept the fact that all the artifacts of all my projects and activities cannot fit into one room, and therefore, I will have to move things from here to there and from there to here. (It is shocking to me how much I need to just put things away. What am I, in kindergarten?)
This leaves out the other rooms I need to organize. One thing at a time.
As I noted before, even doing what I've done so far has made my study so much more hospitable to me and my work that it makes me feel good every time I look in there. The only downside is that I feel a tiny bit less motivated to scour the earth and chasten the closets. Still, it's progress. I just need to not feel like lying down morning, afternoon, and night, and then some writing might actually happen in this awesome, scholarly, tidy space.