1. that he understood more about economics;
2. that he were a painter; and/or
3. that he were a musician, and especially that he understood jazz;
4. that we will be able to travel in the future to at least some of the places we want to go;
5. that he would enjoy good health for the rest of his life;
6. that the Scotlands would move here in the not-too-distant future;
7. that he would remain productive as a historian;
8. that he were a swell pool player;
9. that he were a magician; and finally,
10. that none of our kids will have financial difficulties.
In light of these wishes, I wish the historian a year filled with learning, art, music and especially jazz, travel, excellent health, lots of family visits, new and exciting historical projects, pool-shooting, magic, and prosperity spread all around--to everyone, because prosperity is just better that way.
In conclusion, please substitute "the historian" for "Lisa" in this song: