I would like to say this, but in the act of writing it--of coming up with the noun dissatisfaction--I basically disproved the claim at the very moment in which I was stating it. So that's a nonstarter.
Other nonstarters of the evening:
1. I planned to vacuum my study tonight. Nope.
2. The fancy outfit I had planned, written on a post it note, to wear to my fancy event? Nope. So I exchanged the planned
- black velveteen trousers and a
- black silk shirt and my
- dragon necklace and
- black suede boots and
- some sort of black jacket
- black velvet skirt and
- a black v-neck sweater and a
- different necklace and
- black suede boots with
- tights* and a
- black cardigan.
Sort of the same, I guess, but I really hated the black jackets I came up with for planned and rejected Outfit 1. One after another: nope. Nope. Nope. Not even. Stupid. No way. All horrible. Outfit killers, those black jackets.
On the other hand: black cardigan (Outfit 2) = perfect.
3. I have graded...well, not everything I need to grade. I am lying to myself about how much I can accomplish between 8:30 and 11:30 a.m. and 1 and 2:30 p.m. Loads, is basically what I'm telling myself. Heaps. Grand amounts.
I have books aplenty on my iPad. I hope that there is a good magazine to buy and read at the airport.
I hope that leaning on the historian whilst we are in flight is both comforting and comfortable. I really, really hope this.
I hope that the music on my iPod is dramatically satisfying and soothing.
Have I done all I can do? Just about, and that is the truth.
I even wrote this poem. (Actually, I discovered it almost fully written in my notes. That's why note keeping is for #winners.)
*I have already stopped wearing tights for the year, and I have rather strict rules about this (once you have bare legs, no more tights, and conversely, once you wear tights, no more bare legs). HOWEVER: I will be in Europe, so all bets are off.