- after having misplaced it for a couple of years, I was relieved to find that my friend had my copy of The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics.
- the workshop I have been putting together on avant-garde poetry (symbolist, futurist, dada, surrealist, constructivist . . . -ist) of the early 20th century went smashingly at the first meeting this evening.
- when we took our walk, Bruiser and I did not get blown away by the gust-a-licious wind that's been blowing in our town.
- buckwheat pancakes for breakfast.
- I have a plan to visit my mom and dad soon.
- lots of salty crunchy snacks around the house.
- I had important insights when I was in California about some of my poems.
- the historian and I ate breakfast at Clint Eastwood's. Because we're very close friends with Clint. Or because he has a restaurant and inn in Carmel.
- excellent episode of Damages.
- strawberry ice cream.
- the Jazz won tonight, and Boozer played big. Huge. Very, very large.
- I know so much more about the early 20th c. avant-garde amongst French and Russian poets than I did before, say, yesterday.
- because I am done with the workshop for the week (just 2 more meetings!), I can now go read a detective novel like it is my job.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Today's list of good things: