Points in this display's favor:
1. It was about 2.5 minutes from where we're staying.
2. No traffic.
3. The guy who set them off had a little running patter that he hollered for all to hear--the people near the market, people like us across the road, anyone within earshot.
4. The fireworks were awesome.
5. The Island Park firetruck was parked nearby, in case of pyromania/fireworks expertise gone awry.
6. No musical overhead, unless you cared to sing a rousing anthem of "Pink Houses" from where you sat.
7. Home in 2.5 minutes from when the smoke started clearing.
8. Awesome smell of whatever fireworks are made of--sparks and gunpowder?
Unfortunately, I forgot to bring any connecting things--to charge my iPod, to hook up my camera, nothing--so I can't post any pictures, which I know you're dying to see ("oh my gosh, I hope she'll post pictures! please oh please let there be pictures!"). Too bad, and sorry. And now, I am off to defend my Bacarac title. In conclusion,
Oh but ain't that America for you and meHappy Fourth of July!
Ain't that America somethin' to see baby
Ain't that America home of the free
Little pink houses for you and me