- My favorite kind of reading glasses
routinely break like brittle china.
- Ergo, I order a pile of them. So I have more when they break. Perhaps I should consider a new style/brand/Lasik? I don't know. They are my favorite.
- It is the historian's birthday today. He has a cold. Is that fair? I ask you.
- We are watching the Australian Open. Rod Laver and Roger Federer are talking. It's kind of great.
- My classes were awesome today. Sometimes it feels like, if you set things up right, your courses turn into little centers of industry, with all kinds of good things happening, humming along. Or, y'know, things could fall apart tomorrow. But I don't think so.
- Today this book arrived at my house:
|Vatnasafn/Library of Water|
it is awesome.
- Even though it was a birthday, it was a work day. Where is the birthday cake? I ask you. I guess that's why birthdays last a week. They do, don't they?
- Okay. Time to get you a little more DayQuil, honey.
(happy birthday to the historian, the best of the best of the best, sir! he is above the system, and he makes it--everything--look good.)