But here are a few:
1. they try every day to be good people, reaching out to loved ones and friends alike.
2. they text me and call me with their news and the things they want to talk over. kids: I love it. you keep that up.
3. they make me laugh.
4. they will go to movies with me.
5. they have kind hearts.
6. they let me buy them breakfast lunch and snacks. and sometimes, still, make them dinner.
7. they treat me as a person. this is amazing, honestly. I think that is next level stuff, for kids to recognize their parents as people.
8. they are so freaking smart.
9. they work so hard.
10. they are my very own, and that makes me the luckiest person indeed.
Today, on a hard day (for so many people), I messaged or spoke to almost every one of my children, sharing our sorrow and talking things over. I am so grateful for their kindness and goodness.