Important kudos I feel I must offer:
- to the woman sitting next to me, with the hot pink neck pillow and the awesome possibly fake tan (telltale sign: orange palms?): you slept through about 75% of the flight. Very impressive.
- to my flight, which had fairly snappy wifi.
- to the babies on my flight, who wailed with a fairly constant wail: I felt very sorry for them and for their parents, but since I could do nothing about it, I was glad to have my iPod to listen to, which made much of the flight bearable.
- to JFK Airport: thank you for coughing up a perfectly edible sandwich that I pretty much grabbed and wolfed while I was walking onto my connecting flight. It was mighty decent of you.
- to my hotel, for having truly awesome wifi, which is included in the price of the room.
- to myself, for not freaking out about the seriously persistent seatback-kicking inflicted upon me by the child sitting behind me. HTMS: well-done you, for keeping your shit together.
- to myself, for overestimating how much stuff it makes sense to carry onto a plane. When will you ever learn, HTMS? when will you ever learn?
- to Logan Airport: wow, the walk from my gate to the baggage claim felt freakishly long. I felt like I had taken a wrong turn several times. Still: thanks for delivering my bag without incident. That'll do.
This is the view from my hotel window:
I predict I will learn a lot at my conference, sleep well, and eat as much lobster as it makes sense for a person to eat, plus perhaps a little more.