1. find that one list I wrote to myself on Friday about all the things I need to do. The one that has things that aren't just right in my face--the slightly further reaching things. The ones that I'll wake up remembering, in the middle of the night.
2. do the dishes.
3. have a reckoning with myself about my life.
4. finish the never-ending responding. The responding!
5. pat my pockets for all the things I'm forgetting.
6. start my fitness plan.
7. write a poem.
8. strip the wallpaper in my bedroom.
9. read Proust, leftover Proust, from that one time I read about 50 pages for my book group. Also, and on this same topic, The Tale of Genji.
10. cry a little.
11. draft a position paper on a compensation issue for the faculty at my college.
12. try not to forget any of the times I said I would talk to, chat with, or meet with a student in the next couple of days.
13. I'm pretty sure there's something else I'm forgetting.
What I am going to do instead is read my French detective novel and maybe do a crossword puzzle. And probably cry a little.
Oy. This life. It's out to get us. I hope all is OK.ReplyDelete
I pretty much cried all the way to Winnemucca on Friday. And after that I felt better. Mostly because I realized that I didn't have to stay in Winnemucca.ReplyDelete
Yay for French detective novels.
I've been in that mood before.ReplyDelete
Like this morning.
I'm feeling the pain. or whatever it is.