- revealing to the client (aka "student"), in a persuasive way, the extent to which s/he has or has not measured up to the nebulous standards of the course (also known as "outcomes").
- encouragement, strict talk, and the smackdown.
- foregoing lunch to speak to him/her at his/her convenience.
- gradually developing office stench (acquired from hours on end in an office chair--atmosphere is part of any good consultation).
- written comments! some of which are delivered in the outcomes grid!
I'm getting so dang good at the consultations that I thought I might offer a fuller menu of consultations, such as
- assessing whether you're working too hard (you almost certainly are).
- doing a paper audit of your life to see if you need to take a day off (you totally deserve it!).
- evaluating whether you need to go back to the store to buy that one sweater you saw yesterday (yes).
- measuring your joke against my impeccable criteria to see if it's funny (usually, it is [metric: did I laugh?]).
- assessing whether you need a cookie (you almost certainly do).
I'll be happy to give you a written estimate for any of your consultation requirements.
TAGS: consultation, assessment, measures, grid, evaluation, audit