Today, I was also good at
- granola making
- being super productive in my super quiet house
- reading and writing comments for ALL of my English 2010 students on their final projects. That's right: ALLLLLLLLLL.
- retrieving packages from the porch
- answering Shaun T when he said, from the television, 'I wanna hear you say it!' ('I can do it!')
- listening to Lemonade like it is my job (mostly while I was working out at, and on my way home from, the gym).
Things that are not the area of my expertise:
- equanimity in the face of officious sounding emails
- tidiness, obviously
- being able to accept the inevitable as, you know, real.
But I am expert at
- choosing an outfit with extra insouciance and double-extra sparkle for a slightly swanky evening event ('cocktail attire'). (N.B.: I am truly sorry I do not have a picture of this outfit. Mostly I'm sorry for myself. And sorry for my Outfit Archives, which will have to accept words and memories [tulle skirt, bejeweled tee, tuxedo jacket, all grey; extra fancy new shoes] instead of the ocular proof.)
- eating a Pop Tart after the dog walk
- opinion mongering (I'm so good at this!)
- blue sky thinking (also expert at this!)
So, you know. If you need an expert in any of the above, you know who to call.
Post a Comment