I have only accomplished the following today, on this lazy, pyrotechnical holiday:
- waking up late
- thinking about my family scattered hither and yon
- taking my regular long walk, but later than usual, but that was okay because: not so hot
- blueberry pancakes, making and eating
- pulling spent blooms off the nicotiana
- making a desultory list of stuff I could/should/might do today
- sitting on the patio and reading a few pages
- admiring my back yard
--all good things, to be sure.
I woke up this morning around four to hear the sound of water. It didn't sound like sprinklers. I feared that it might be a swamp cooler malfunction. I lay there and considered it. I got up and looked out the window. It sounded like rain. I went out on the back patio: rain indeed. So I stayed outside to be in it, sort of--on the chaise looking out at the world, the light still dim. Then there was a muffled burst of lightning, which sent me back indoors. Because my patio roof is metal, and I'm safety conscious like that.
You have already done more today than I. I can't believe it rained in July. Maybe Salt Lake will join us in the monsoons this year! I hope so.ReplyDelete