- working on poems uses a different part of my brain than working on movies.
- I love to see the sky, and the sky here is wonderful--mercurial, moody, huge.
- when there is a shortage of foods from the salty/crunchy food group--as there is, indeed, now such a shortage at my lodgings--it leads me, ineluctably, to the conclusion that we need more salty/crunchy foods close at hand. Soon if not immediately.
- If I could be a kind of weather, I would be rainy.
- leftover noodles? delicious.
- no matter how well you think you know a place--a place you've been coming since your infancy--there is more to learn and more to see. More to know.
- riding with the wind is excellent. Riding into the wind reminds me of things I would rather not consider about my physical condition and age.
- with no one here but myself I can think more steadily about these poems.
Here are some things we saw yesterday: