This year I have not forced myself to invent a post if one did not occur, and also, and frankly, I think the idea of having some extended experiences without feeling the need to comment on them every minute is probably good. Good for me, anyway. Because I don't spend enough time in front of a computer.
However, some weird blogging accounting compels me to offer you a report:
What I did while I was not blogging.
1. Went to lunch with my mom and dad, in honor of Father's Day and also their general delightfulness.
2. Bought three more colors of a certain lightweight cotton jersey cardigan that was marked way down, because I loved the first one I bought so very very much. Bringing the total of lightweight cotton jersey cardigans to 4. Because I love them so very very much.
3. Watched The Closer. Watched Saving Grace. Watched Knocked Up for the nth time (verdict: still very funny).
4. Took some footage for a new little film project.
5. Hung out with my grandson, including bringing him to my house for dinner and watching Monsters Inc. with him and putting him to bed and waking up in the morning and getting him breakfast and watching Toy Story and building towers with blocks and so forth.
6. Obtained my new laptop from my place of employment, a super-charged MacBook Pro. Which is everything it should be and more.
7. Went swimming with two grandsons up at Snowbird.
8. Helped grandson navigate the vagaries of a little summertime project we call the ice cream cone.
9. Read several novels, including the lately-neglected annual summer project of re-reading Harriet the Spy.
10. Read a new cookbook. Purchased copy of said cookbook for my very own.
11. Contemplated the desirability of everyday cake. (verdict: highly desirable.)
12. Went to see romantic comedy with Dr. Write, immediately followed by Summer Hours with the historian. (verdict: romantic comedy rather delightful; Summer Hours, sublime.)
13. Observed that the light this evening, after the storm had mostly passed, was both purple and golden.
Hope your days have been equally productive.