2. Last year's re-scaping of half the front lawn: I am not bragging when I say: gorgeous. The roses are all lustrous-leafed and full of foliage. The clematis is a dark slightly bronze-y red, and the flowers just busted out today. The flax are both tidily instantiated where we planted them, and promiscuously sowing their wild oats (as it were)--as it should be. The things that aren't blooming yet are showing great promise of blooming. It is so beautiful. Update: see for yourself!
3. Manuscript: I read the whole thing aloud yesterday. I have some new insights into it and can see where there are non-functional repetitions that I can get rid of, a sense of what needs to be revised, how it can be streamlined, etc.
4. My relationship with Final Cut Express: we had an argument today. I will come back to it tomorrow to see if I can make amends, or else smack it around till it sees reason.
5. The Western Conference Finals: Why did Denver have such lousy free-throw shooting? Why will national announcers never shut up about the mystery of the fabulousness of the Lakers? Progress: Denver better treat this as a wake-up call and get it together, or they will rue the day they lost this winnable game in L.A.
6. The Eastern Conference Finals: LeBron James was manufactured by brilliant biotechnicians in super-secret lab funded by the NBA and the Trilateral Commission. Dwight Howard was constructed in a super-secret lab on a space station orbiting the Planet Dunkitron, by aesthetically gifted robots. I cannot imagine how this series will turn out.
7. Consumption of cultural goods: I am currently undergoing a big fat spate of nostalgia, in which I purchased music I listened to in the 70s. It is so choice. I highly recommend it. I am reading this and have reserved this at the library. We saw this and this this weekend--both good, the first a little more than the second.
I hope there will be a movie tomorrow featuring the flying insects that catch the light at dusk at the Henry's Fork of the Snake River in Idaho. Check back to see. Good night, and good luck.