- waking up effectively hungover from lack of sleep, due to sudden, insidious late night cough.
- interviewing two potential student editors of the student litmag for next year. Which I will be faculty advisor for next year (how did this happen, Dr. Write?).
- lunch with a grandson who turned four today. (This involved noodles and hilarious conversation: Grandson: You know what? Me: What? Grandson: Papa, say what.).
- another potential student editor.
- taking part in the discussion team as part of my new, should-have-said-no responsibility for next year (thanks, former faculty leader! No, really.).
- reception for retiring colleagues (actually, there were cupcakes, so this one was all right).
- home to collapse.
- put on excessively shiny skirt and high heels to go out again, to an evening school event with historian. Also lipstick. Also mascara.
- home to collapse, or actually to report this information on my day, and then collapse.
I need to check my pulse to see if I am still having my sabbatical. I think I am, but the evidence is curiously contradictory.