I have accomplished the following recently:
1. achieved the insight that, if I'm behind, I feel I don't have time to write--or that taking time to write might put me further behind, so, you know. Hence, no writing.
2. what the hell.
3. I arrived home from Seattle,
4. did the laundry,
5. cooked a dinner last night,
6. enthused/ranted about the Oscar on various social media, and to Bruiser and the historian,
7. made pancakes for myself,
8. made approximately 4% progress on my To Do list,
9. ate lunch with my daughter and granddaughter,
10. came home and made 4% more progress (total, if you're keeping track: 8% progress),
11. was the guest speaker in the class of a friend,
12. came home and ordered a vegetable pizza like a boss,
13. and so forth.
Upshot: still behind, but writing a list-y blog post.
One of the things on my list was to
14. organize all AWP notes, which
15. I have not yet done.
I do, however, have all my AWP swag
16. organized in a single bag.
17. the AWP tote bag. So, you know.
18. what the hell.
That said, I did
19. make a new header and background for my blog, and
20. write/"write" a blog post. So, you know.
That is twenty things I have accomplished, the people. I don't know what you're complaining about.
21. clean sheets,
22. have listened to new Beck album (verdict: gorgeous)
23. have chatted with son in China and
24. both other sons via text. AND
25. I have a more than vague idea of what I will do in class, and
26. most importantly, I have a plan to accomplish all the other stuff I need to get done. So, you know.
A plan is literally the best.