- They speak a foreign language there.
- Your son, who speaks that foreign language, lives there. And will guide you.
- some of the possible layovers on your possible itineraries are so tight they make you feel super-charged anxiety right now, when the layovers are still only theoretical.
- Some of the possible layovers are so wide that you could practically rent an apartment and live in the city for awhile or a few hours while you wait for your connecting flight.
- you might find a booking where the layovers are just right, like Baby Bear's chair/porridge/bed.
- make you think about the straitened circumstances in which you might possibly be spending your old age.
Once that's done, and you've cried for a minute and taken the dog for a walk, contemplate the following:
The people, we are going to China, and we couldn't be more thrilled/terrified/freaked out/excited!