I really didn't plan anything, but if we consider today my blog's birthday party, here's what we did to celebrate:
|Alexander Johnson, "A press gang seizing a waterman"|
- wrote a proposal for a book chapter. After the sweat was dry, I
- went to breakfast with my son and had an omelet and toast. Thus fortified, I
- met with one of my all-time favorite students to discuss digital storytelling, etc., and then I
- met with one of my all-time favorite colleagues to discuss how to press-gang someone into taking his place as a faculty leader next year, and who that someone might be (look out, people! I will be e-mailing YOU!). Having assembled that list of names, I
- took a bunch of notes and turned them into a table in preparation for my
- next meeting, which involved developing a work plan so that we could have fewer meetings--genius! After that,
- I met with my colleague to finalize the proposal and send it off. Feeling free as a professor on spring break, I
- went to Target and bought pretzels, Perrier, shampoo, almond M&Ms in Easter colors, and a pair of white jeans. And a couple of spring break magazines.
|My trip to Target. For my blog's birthday, obviously.|
- submit my manuscript to two competitions and to
- decide our evening plans, which were
- to eat Indian food and
- watch House of Cards.
Dearest blog, I am sorry there was no cake, but happy eighth birthday anyway--over spring break, I hope to spend a little more time with you.