A: Oh, swell, thanks for asking.
A: None of your business.
Q: What'd you do today, the last day before school meetings start tomorrow morning?
A: Would you like that in a paragraph, or a bulleted list?
Q: Bulleted list, please.
A: Excellent choice:
- picked up one grandson from his house at 9 a.m.
- picked up other grandson from his house at 9:25 a.m.
- drove directly to Target, where we purchased 2 varieties of Spiderman (Arctic Attack Spiderman and Spider Sense Spiderman), various snacks including Kung Fu Panda Fruit Roll Ups, and a pair of shoes for me (I really needed them!).
- drove home, where we engaged in long bouts of Spiderman play, interspersed with discussions in which we parsed the various features of the two Spidermen.
- had Happy Meals for lunch. Bruiser finished off the last chicken nugget neatly, when it was left unattended and, one can safely assume, therefore unwanted. Except by a dog.
- watched Iron Giant. Our viewing was enhanced by a video chat with an auntie in Scotland, and discussions about whether the giant was a good guy or a bad guy.
- resumed Spiderman play.
- built a Spiderman garage with blocks.
- took Bruiser for a very short walk.
- had a snack.
- had a little rest with some Wonder Pets to amuse and inspire us.
Why, what'd you do?
Q: How on earth will you be ready when classes start on Wednesday? Don't you have long meetings tomorrow?
A: What's a long meeting and a laptop for?