1. Why are beets called beetroot?
2. Why are ruins so fascinating?
3. Why have the Brits not yet come to understand the importance of ice in improving the beverage experience?
4. Why is it that I have watched my first episode of Desperate Housewives here?
5. What is a Pict?
6. Why are chips crisps, fries chips, and diapers napkins/nappies, and napkins serviettes?
7. And by the way, why is a sweater a jumper?
8. Why were there so many French youths, apparently unsupervised, at Loch Ness? And why did one of them have both a Slipknot and a Marilyn Manson decal on his backpack?
9. How old, exactly, is Auld Toon Aberdeen?
and an observation:
10. In really old cemeteries, the monuments stand as thick as trees.