Idiosyncratic, of course. Don't even bother arguing with me.
1. The conservative majority on the Supreme Court. And while we're at it,
2. the Citizen's United decision. And also,
3. the Hobby Lobby decision.
That's probably enough for the Supreme Court section of the The Worst list. Although I totally could go on. But I shall not. Instead, I shall move to the restaurant section.
4. the fact that my favorite Mexican food restaurant for several years running made a shrimp enchilada that was soggy, and now I must give that restaurant a rest while it gets its act together, I hope.
5. the fact that the good restaurants in my neck of the woods are thin on the ground, which means that sometimes we eat at chains, and mostly we just eat a lot of whatever's there. Also,
6. the fact that we ate so much Thai food for awhile that I've kind of had it with Thai food. Alas.
Movie critic section:
8. the way certain movie critics just cannot stop being grouchy about Seth Rogen and Jason Segel and Judd Apatow. I mean, I get it, but for crying out loud, David Denby and A.O. Scott and David Edelstein: maybe just watch a massive personal film festival of your favorite heyday films and shut up about it?
9. the condition of my study.
10. the disorganization of my books.
11. there is tooooooo much food in my refrigerator, and, incongruously, it is hard to figure out something to make for dinner.
That is all for now. For now, that is all.
So glad you're back. And you'll get no arguments from me. But possibly pancakes, if we can get together sometime soon.ReplyDelete
Applebee's is literally worse than Hitler. But is it worse than Chili's? Oh my god, I don't even know anymore. We're doomed.ReplyDelete
Your lists make me glad to be alive. Especially the grouchy ones -- why is that?ReplyDelete
All the dittos in the world. Except Applebees. I've never been to Applebees. Which must mean I'm in agreement with you, a priori.ReplyDelete
All these things are the worst, but you know what is the best? Blogging. That is the best.ReplyDelete